[LMB] Sorry, Cordelia! Here, have a real steak.

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sun Sep 26 12:39:21 BST 2021

> On Sep 25, 2021, at 10:39 PM, Alex Kwan <litalex at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> With how the climate is going, crop yield is very likely to drop a lot. But a lot of farmland is dedicated to food for animals, and not humans. So if we eat less “naturally grown” livestock, we would be able to free up that land to grow crops for us, and not animals.
>
> little Alex

Ruminants can be grown on meadow cover and should be. This can be done in ways that enrich the soil, and
on land that cannot support crops. Lots of crops are grown on land that depend on irrigation from aquifers
which are not replenished and such usage is not sustainable.

BTW our current system of agriculture is unsustainable as it releases more fossil carbon into the biosphere.

Ruminants raised on meadows don’t.

—
A unix salesperson, Lenore
Loved her job, but loved the beach more.
She devised such a way
to combine work and play:
She sells C-shells by the seashore.