[LMB] Sorry, Cordelia! Here, have a real steak

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Sun Sep 26 15:09:49 BST 2021

On 26/09/2021 12:56, James M. BRYANT G4CLF wrote:
> I doubt that in the medium term affordable vat meat*
> is a greater technical problem than precision
> gyroscopes, and it will certainly be less of a drain
> on agricultural resources to make it.

IIRC the precision gyroscopes problem was resolved not by making better
bearings and better precision components, it was resolved by making
gyroscopes that use laser light going in loops and creating interference
patterns when there is movement (which to me is a mixture of (chef's
kiss) and (head exploding)).

So perhaps the creation of artificial meat won't be solved by making
better reactors, it will be by finding a way to make beefsteak tomatoes
contain beefsteak, instead of tomato.