[LMB] OT: Gender Roles

Louann Miller domelouann at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 15:32:14 BST 2021

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 8:47 AM Louann Miller <domelouann at gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 8:36 AM WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:

> I will undoubtedly be slammed for this post. That proves my point.

As the bear said to the hunter, I'm starting to wonder if you come here for
the hunting....

(second post replying to myself)
and maybe I should be clearer about, not the bear joke but about how this
looks from the outside.

So first, you drag in by the ears (not related to the previous subject) how
things have changed over the last few decades, and how mad it makes you.
Because they have the effrontery to say that YOU are wrong, when obviously
being the people who changed things they must be wrong. There seems to be a
heavy note of "they didn't even ask my permission!" or a more general "how
DARE they!" And then, having yelled out of the blue at Kids Today in
general and listees in particular, you predict that people will yell back.
Which you say automatically makes you right.

I expect that you're right in your prediction. Yell at people, they quite
often do yell back.

I'm not going to ask you to turn the other cheek or anything. But have you
considered that when things change, instead of yelling you might put the
energy into finding out why things have changed, and who got the short end
of the stick under the previous set of rules? More information in wider
context is always better. You might come to understand why (I admit, I've
seen it too) trans people, like you, are angry. Who knows, if you
understand them better and they understand you better, maybe you could both
become less angry.

Louann