[LMB] OT: human nature - Language changes

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 19:57:57 BST 2021

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 18:41:08 +0000, Peter Hews via Lois-Bujold
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

>True.  There is no obsolete and extinct custom or way of life which wasn't, in its day, considered the natural order of things that couldn't ever possibly change.

Four Stages of Acceptance:
1. This is worthless nonsense.
2. This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view.
3. This is true, but quite unimportant.
4. I always said so.  - J.B.S. Haldane
--
To talk about "the effects of technology" as if it is a single unitary thing is vague at best,
 and at worst is an approach that I have very often seen lead to Extreme Wooly Thinking,