[LMB] Sorry, Cordelia! Here, have a real steak

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sun Sep 26 21:24:40 BST 2021

> On Sep 26, 2021, at 12:13 PM, Lois Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com> wrote:
>
> LMB:  Plunkins.  Which contain protein/the compete list of necessary amino acids, all the critical vitamins including C, and for a bonus, fiber.  Perfect food bars.   And bioengineered, with the WGW magic-science way back when before the fall of that civilization.
>
> Complete-protein plants would do the job, if they could be made palatable and not boring.
>
> But feeding boring/inedible plants to animals to make less-boring food also still works better in some ecological contexts.
>
> Ta, L.

And remember much of our current crop land is watered unsustainably and henceforth must be
converted to grazing land. We must also eventually return our excreta to the soil as we must
eventually abandon the Haber process as it adds carbon to the biosphere.

No more open end processes in a finite world. Eventually only Sun powered cycles are sustainable.
Perhaps we can use thorium for a thousand years for the transition. Perhaps. I’m placing no money
on it.

—
MD. MS. in Law Robert Lustig “If there’s a label on the food, it’s a warning
label. That means it has been processed. Real food doesn’t need a label.”