[LMB] OT: human nature - Language changes

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sun Sep 26 21:47:49 BST 2021

> On Sep 26, 2021, at 2:43 PM, Peter Hews via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Yes, I saw that one.  Usually when we look closely we find that Nature is way smarter than we realised.
>
> Peter Hews

Notably Cazaril found birds building a nest to be clumsy. Modern analysis shows the nests satisfy the necessary
conditions for successful rearing of young by chaos theory. Birds do not (I think.) use chaos theory to build their
nests, anymore than they use aerodynamics to fly. But it istill a remarkably sophisticated act of engineering none the
les.

Researchers say that some parrots can reach a level of intellect of a six year old child as can some of the non human apes.

—
The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret. — Terry Pratchett, The Truth