[LMB] Sorry, Cordelia! Here, have a real steak

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Mon Sep 27 05:36:40 BST 2021

While not precisely vat-grown chicken (yet), I will note that "Engineers
at Columbia University [have] now figured out how to simultaneously
3D-print and cook layers of pureed chicken, according to a recent paper
published in the journal _npj Science of Food_."

See this WIRED story from August 24, 2021:
https://www.wired.com/story/3d-printed-chicken-breast-cooked-with-lasers/

Seems to me this would be a necessary step in creating vat meat...

Alayne, who regularly eats soy-based ground "meat" (as well as animal
products), and enjoys it for what it is.

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

and subvert them. -- Barbara Ehrenreich