[LMB] OT: Gender Roles

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 18:19:59 BST 2021

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 1:07 PM Jean Lamb <tlambs1138 at charter.net> wrote:

> I used to be a nurse's aide. I am not a large person, and yet was required
> to lift and turn people almost double my size.
>
> But that's women's work!
>
> Right?

Heh. My sis tops out at just over 5 feet, and she has bird bones. Tiny.
Also, a labor-and-delivery nurse.

She can manhandle a fat woman pregnant with twins, who has had the good
drugs and can't feel anything from the waist down.
Also, she can do it in full hazard gear, because the woman either had
double pneumonia or Covid, and who wants to take chances?

The "holy crap that woman weighed a ton" has to wait until she is home,
because apparently nurses can't cuss out their patients, it's
unprofessional.
Sylvia