[LMB] OT: human nature - Language changes

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 19:23:22 BST 2021

On Sun, 26 Sep 2021 16:47:49 -0400, WalterStuartBushell
<proto at panix.com> wrote:

>conditions for successful rearing of young by chaos theory. Birds do not (I think.) use chaos theory to build their nests, anymore than they use aerodynamics to fly.

>But it is still a remarkably sophisticated act of engineering none the less.

*minor typos fixed, because they make my teeth itch :)

Birds's nests are not all of a kind.  Some (e.g. weaver birds' nests)
are elegant, sophisticated structures.

Some (e.g. jackdaws' nests) consists of dropping random crap in a
crevice (or chimney, dammit) until something lodges in place.

Storks' nests are huge ungainly piles of sticks in a similar vein.

Some ground-nesting birds have a small pile of stones.

A very wide spectrum.
--
Money is no object to me ATM - as in an object of class money, as an
attribute of class me would return false.  - Pseud O'Nym