[LMB] Sorry, Cordelia! Here, have a real steak

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Tue Sep 28 13:09:10 BST 2021

> On Sep 28, 2021, at 12:10 AM, Damien Sullivan <phoenix at mindstalk.net> wrote:
>
> [1] Thread article said $18, some news releases I found said $30. And
> that's production cost, not retail price.  The article also said Future
> Meat didn’t see any easy ways of getting it cheaper.

At that price especially with normal markups you won’t see it at your local Piggly Wiggly,
and that’s especially high for plant protein. Roughly the price of an item tends to correlate
to the energy (and hence carbon footprint) to price.

This appears to be a dead end, similar to the kitchen chemistry version of fusion which does
work, but no one is basing plans for practical fusion on it..

Just raise ruminants on meadow cover which doesn’t add carbon to the biosphere, unlike
modern agriculture which depends on fertilizer made from natural gas which does.

See also “grass farming”  Joel Salatin and Polyface Farm

—
The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret. — Terry Pratchett, The Truth