[LMB] News for my Duolingo friends

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 16:09:51 BST 2021

> On Sep 27, 2021, at 22:23, Elizabeth Holden <alzurite at gmail.com> wrote:
> So why do I do Duolingo every day? Mostly because I am stubborn enough to
> want a 250 day streak. I've had more than 200 consecutive days several
> times, but I'd like to get to that magic 250 days and then stop. Of
course,

Little Alex asked:

> Have you try using the ice shards? I wouldn’t have been able to keep my
streak without them.

Ice shards? What are ice shards?

Another minor complaint - I am told there are files and grammar notes
associated with the lessons I'm doing, but I usually can't find them and
don't know how to look. As it happens, I know the grammar. But still, it
would be good to have access that I haven't figured out.

It's also mildly confusing that the Duolingo that I do on my desktop
computer and the Duolingo that I do on my phone and tablet are vastly
different in set-up and style.

Elizabeth:
> Am I the only one who thinks that the English in Duolingo is often very
> strange?

Little Alex:

> A little. Though I really do appreciate how inclusive it is.

Oh, I do too. I love it that I don't have to remember to use American
spelling.

namaste,
Elizabeth

Virus-free.