[LMB] News for my Duolingo friends

J Woodruff profjenn12 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 16:16:50 BST 2021

Ice shards: streak freezes.

The notes are only available on desktop unless you're doing a flagship
language like French, German, Italian, Spanish, and one or two more I can't
remember.

Whether any given course uses American or British English (or something
else) by default is set by the developers of that course, though both are
always accepted in answers (to a degree, because I can't get the Scottish
Gaelic course to accept "going to the hospital" rather than "going
to hospital"....)

JLWT
***********

*"der Platz einer Frau ist in ihrer Firma""The problem with the speed of
light is it comes so early in the morning." (Albert Einstein)*
*"Historiography has then three functions: to entertain our imagination, to
gratify our curiosity, and to discharge a debt we owe our ancestors." (C.S.
Lewis)"If all we have to offer back to the God of the cosmos is Precious
Moments, we're in trouble." (Barbara Nicolosi)*
*"Some things are complicated, and denying it only makes them more so."
(John Churchill)*

*“You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong.
Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing
that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway.” (Robert Jordan)"The
one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart." (Lois
McMaster Bujold)************