[LMB] News for my Duolingo friends

Katherine (Kathy) Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Tue Sep 28 22:29:26 BST 2021

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 1:38 PM Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Which languages are people studying on Duolingo?

I’ve been thinking about doing Spanish, now that I’m retired (ha! I’m still working a few hours a week, plus all my volunteer/activism jobs, plus grandparenting, so it’s not like I have a lot of spare time) — but then this possibility of our church sponsoring a Haitian family came up, so I thought I’d better refresh my French instead, or first.  I did do a lot of years of French, so while working on the grammar and which accents go where is useful, I wish it would go faster.  I’m still using the free version — if I paid for it, could I test out of some of the early stuff and advance faster?  Or is there any other way to get to harder levels than completing all the earlier levels?

À bientot,

Katherine