[LMB] Duolingo and Other Language Programs

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 18:40:55 BST 2021

Carol Botteron asked:

> Several language learning programs are available.  Several people on this
> list use Duolingo.  Could some of you please tell us a bit about which
> programs you compared, and why you chose Duolingo (or another program if
> that is the case)?  adTHANKSvance!

In my case:

(1) I went to Duolingo because they offered a course in Esperanto, which
most online language learning services don't.

(2) It was free (I was broke)

(3) It has a good support page on Facebook, where the people who created
the Duolingo Esperanto course discuss questions about the course (and the
language) and answer them

I made comparisons with LingQ, Mango, Babbel, Rosetta Stone, lernu.net,
edukado.net, mondly, uTalk, Busuu, italki (which I may still use, though it
costs money), Lingoda. Maybe some others.

namaste,
Elizabeth