[LMB] OT: Gender Roles

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Wed Sep 29 22:14:07 BST 2021

On Wed, 29 Sep 2021, Matija Grabnar via Lois-Bujold wrote:
> It's not like, in addition to the Air Force, there are pilots in the Army,
> the Navy, the Marine Core, and for all I know, the Coast Guard.

As in the last Dana Stabenow audiobook I listened to -- piloting
helicopters.

The definitive story:
https://www.uscg.mil/datasheet/display/Article/1547982/aircraft/

The Coast Guard operates 202 fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft –
airplanes and helicopters – to support its work as a law enforcement arm,
a military service branch, and a seafaring service. Nearly all Coast Guard
aircraft have some role in homeland security operations, and some are now
armed.

The Coast Guard operates its aviation fleet on the principle that it
cannot afford a fleet of aircraft intended solely for specialized
missions, and has concentrated on aircraft that can carry out a wide range
of diversified missions.

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca