[LMB] OT: Gender Roles

Jean Lamb tlambs1138 at charter.net
Wed Sep 29 23:13:23 BST 2021

The problem is that when women and men do the exact same jobs, the men
somehow deserve to be paid more and and higher status.

When women lift bodies all day, they get minimum wage if they're nurse's
aides. But somehow they're disqualified from the higher paying men's jobs.

If women do programming, it's rote work that gets paid lower wages. When men
do the exact same programming, it's far more creative and gets paid more.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/unofficial-prognosis/study-shows-gender
-bias-in-science-is-real-heres-why-it-matters/

It's amazing how the exact same qualifications are better if a man's name is
attached.

But I'm sure we'll be told that the exact same qualifications should qualify
for higher pay if they come from a man, I have faith.

Jean Lamb
tlambs1138 at charter.net
https://www.amazon.com/Jean-Lamb/e/B00IR0YO20