[LMB] OT: Gender Roles

brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Sep 30 22:04:09 BST 2021

> On Sep 30, 2021, at 12:59 PM, Matija Grabnar via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Lesbians are not the only people who are attracted to women. Even strong, intelligent women.

I suspect that it is more common for men to have male buddies and women to have female buddies than the not.   If it weren’t for sex and procreation, living partners would be of the same gender more often than not.

My best friend is my wife, but who knows if that would be the case if I weren’t heterosexual.

I like an observation I read one time about class.    When two couples take a car ride, they pick different seat positions depending on their class:

Lower class have the men in front and the women in back.
Middle class have one couple in front and the other couple in back.
Upper class split couples, with a husband and the other guy’s wife in the same seat.