[LMB] OT: personal news

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sat Jan 1 20:47:49 GMT 2022

On Tue, 28 Dec 2021 12:37:55 -0800, "A. Marina Fournier via Lois-Bujold"
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

>Husband has suggested we celebrate our ‘long-playing record’ in four months. Those who grew up before cassette tapes will get the reference.

LPs persisted through the arrival (and near departure) of cassette.  I
still have a turntable (in a system that cost more than any car I've
ever owned) but I no longer have a cassette deck in the main system.

Cassettes seem to have some sort of cult following, mind: a friend who
has recently liquidated most of his assets due to a move from a
substantial house to a canal boat tells me that blank "metal" C90s are
fetching around £20 each on eBay.  I must dig out the ones I have,
there's about £500 worth.
--
Nature Is Better At Biology Than You Are -  Aqua