[LMB] OT: Parallel parking

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Sun Jan 2 08:12:15 GMT 2022

I was wondering the same thing. I found this:

Tips to Curb Your Wheels Safely and Legally

  * Whether you park your vehicle facing uphill or downhill, the rule of
    thumb is to turn your wheels so that the weight of the car will roll
    them towards the curb. If you’re not sure which way your car is
    sloped, set the car in neutral and see which way it rolls.
  * If you’re faced downhill, turn your front wheels towards the curb.
  * If you’re faced uphill, turn your front wheels away from the curb
    and let your vehicle roll back until it gently touches the curb.
  * If you park on a sloped driveway, turn your wheels so the vehicle
    will not roll into the street and, again, make sure to set your
    parking brake.

(Origin:
https://www.sfmta.com/blog/san-francisco-parking-tips-why-curbing-your-wheels-so-important)