[LMB] personal news

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Sun Jan 2 16:23:40 GMT 2022

On Jan 1, 2022, at 4:12 PM, alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca wrote:

> What a lovely story, Kathy - a true meeting of minds! May you have many more good years together.

Thank you!  We hope to!

> My SO is 9 months younger than me, and we've been together more than 35 years. Not sure how the time went so fast...

It seems like there are more women older than their husbands than popular culture would have it.  My grandmother, for years and years, wouldn't say how old she was, we think because she was a couple of years older than her husband (who died in the 1930s, so not like it was a current issue.  And anyway, we knew she was born in 1885.).  But by the time she was approaching 90, she realized that her age was something to be proud of, and didn't hide it any more.  She lived to be 94.

Katherine