[LMB] OT: Parade

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sun Jan 2 23:09:38 GMT 2022

> On Jan 2, 2022, at 11:42 AM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>
> It moved to NBC to take advantage of its color technology and was renamed to "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color” from 1961 to 1969, when it was renamed to "The Wonderful World of Disney”.

Probably NBC made better financial arrangements with Disney as perhaps a loss leader. BBC oer the color TV manufactures.

The BBC subsidized Sir Kenneth Clark’s 13 episode “Civilization’ series to get people to go to color TV.

—
"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."
 - Attributed to Plato