[LMB] Courage is going on.

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Mon Jan 3 17:45:36 GMT 2022

On 03/01/2022 15:41, Stewart Dean wrote:
>> “Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men have always a choice - if not whether, then how, they may endure.”
> When I was a year old in the summer of '48, my mother was almost totally paralyzed. We had been coming back from a weekend in the Poconos when she had pain in her back and within a day, she was immured in an iron lung fighting for her life.

Everything I've read about polio makes me think it was a terrible,
terrible disease. (Aside: I read someone pointing out that the most
people who had polio experienced it as a stomach disorder, and that what
we remember today as Polio could be called "long Polio", a rarer, but
much more severe manifestation - their point was that we have not yet
realized the full consequences of long Covid).

Wasn't warm springs the place where FDR went to recover with his bout of
Polio?

You mother has my greatest respect.