[LMB] Book Curses (Penric?)

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 14:53:21 GMT 2022

From: Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com>

"May you die a death of a thousand paper cuts if you damage or steal this
book."
"May the Librarian of the Unseen University rip your arms out the their
sockets if you burn this book!"

Gwynne: I don't think Penric would put curses in his books; a sorcerer
has to be very careful about things like that. Just one student has some
horrible accident, and suddenly everyone is blaming sorcerers for making
cursed books - and a lot of students stop reading. There's so many odd
rumours about sorcerers in his world as it is (and, let's face it, most of the
rumours aren't even close to what they can really do. Sorcerers are
pretty scary, really - we just see a really nice one.)