[LMB] Voting

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 20:42:38 GMT 2022

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 9:16 PM Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> For years, it was a known fact that men played better than women. It turns
> out that when judging 'blind', the women made a miraculous improvement.
>  How astonishing.

I researched this a lot about ten years ago.  You're leaving out the
important information.  Who'd have thought?

When the judges are blinded as to the sex of the musician, the ratings of
women increase.  But they do not equal men's.  There is a real effect,
which people internalize and then exaggerate.  But nevertheless the effect
exists.

Matt G.