[LMB] Re; (OT) LMB : Personal News

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Jan 4 22:53:57 GMT 2022

On Jan 4, 2022, at 10:12 AM, Jean Lamb <tlambs1138 at charter.net> wrote:

> Mike and I met in fencing class, as sword's point. We had both read GLORY
> ROAD the summer before and decided the sport sounded like fun. Being partly
> ambidextrous, I deliberately trained left handed to give me as much
> advantage as possible, though I was actually slightly more right handed with
> the foil.  We discovered we were both SF and fantasy fans, and reader, I
> married him. And in the early 1980's, I sent a thank you note to Robert Heinlein.

That is so neat!

I’ll bet Uhura didn’t fence. Sulu was yummy while fencing in TOS. In the recent reboot movie, he was dead serious rather than dashing.

I’m a lefty. I took fencing as my PE credit in college, and haven’t a clue why I didn’t continue. Such fun—Heyer reader & medievalist, why not?

The young engineer I mentioned who got engaged the same week we did met his wife at a con. He was sitting alone in a corridor reading, and she decided to engage him in chat. The rest is history.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala