[LMB] OT: Donation, was Temperature

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Jan 5 04:08:09 GMT 2022

On Jan 4, 2022, at 7:50 PM, Alex Kwan <litalex at gmail.com> wrote:

> I donated a couple of times back during college, but I don’t think I’d be able to these days. It’s nothing major, but whenever I go to my doctor's for a blood test, the phlebotomist just can’t get the needle into a blood vessel, ie, I get stab a couple of times until they give up and use the veins on the back of my hand.

That used to be the case for me. I understand your frustration. I remember the day of five pokes in two arms with no success.  After a point, I would only let phlebotomists draw blood, but there have been a couple of inept ones.

When I began drinking water more, as some of my medications—and breathing through my mouth because my nose was constantly stuffed up—left me with dry mouth, and my veins plumped up enough to for vampires to get to without much difficulty. Mostly.

However, the one they’ve liked in my left arm sank deeper and deeper, near a nerve—should have heard me yelp when it was hit—and now my right elbow is the spot used.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala