[LMB] OT: Temperature

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Jan 5 04:39:21 GMT 2022

On Jan 4, 2022, at 6:19 PM, Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sadly I'm locked into the English measurement system so when I see
> centigrade I have to figure out that is in Fahrenheit. The same with meters
> and liters. I blame the lazy politicians who refused to pass the metric
> system in the US back in the 70's.

I buy saffron by the ounce—a bit more than 28g—and loose tea usually in grams. I can do that conversion, and liters/quarts/ounces easily. I know that 10C is cool, 20C is ‘room temperature’, and 30C is hot, and for temps that humans live in, can approximate.

I’m 1.5m tall—and 1’ is mid-calf, 2’ below my butt, 3’/yard at my waist, 44/45” middle of my chest, 54” at my lower lip, and 60” where you’d think. Did I mention how much of my life I’ve spent in fabric stores? My mother was a couture level seamstress with a fabric addiction. Buttons and trims have been my downfall.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala