[LMB] OT: Phishing

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Wed Jan 5 15:11:28 GMT 2022

On 05/01/2022 13:49, WILLIAM A WENRICH wrote:
> I just got another phishing attack. This one was promising to have my student loans forgiven if I contacted them and gave them information. Since I paid off my student loan of $150 in 1968 while in the Air Force, I had no problem ignoring it.

Since I own some domains (and have all mail for the domains delivered to
my inbox), and some of those email addresses have been in the clear on
the net for a long time, I get phishing and other attacks every day. I
have a address at the Slovenian CERT to whom I can send them for
action/public notification.

One of the funniest ones I got recently was for a Slovenian bank. It was
very well done, with bank logos, buttons, an elaborate site.

But all the text was in Slovakian, and that bank does not have any
branches in Slovakia, only in Slovenia. But the scammer did not know the
difference.