[LMB] OT: Donation was Temperature

Gordon Jackson listmail at gordonj.net
Wed Jan 5 19:34:26 GMT 2022

I donated when younger but by the time I left NZ to come to UK was no longer
permitted to do so due to having lived in the UK for a while during the
1980s. A physician I mentioned that to here in the UK asked if it was due to
potential exposure to HIV but it wasn't, it was due to potential exposure to
Mad Cow Disease. I looked it up and the restriction is still in place. If
you lived in the UK, France or Republic of Ireland for >6 months between
1980 and 1996 you cannot donate blood in NZ.
Cheers
Gordon