[LMB] When World-Views Collide, books

Raymond Collins rcrcoll6 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 11:35:39 GMT 2022

I can't help wondering how the human invention of words effected our
intellectual evolution.  Every thought I have, every decision I make is
through the symbology of words.
Imagine you are a member of Homoerectus one of of the first hominids
spreading out of Africa.
How do you think without words. I bet you can't. I believe Homoerectus had
a language of sorts.
Then there is Koko who was trained to sign. The fact that she and other
primates could communicate complex thoughts.
What makes us sapient is our ability to communicate concepts and
information to each other. We further improved our communication through
symbolic imagery that through hits and missis evolved to a understandable
alphabet.
I think that is a major cornerstone of human intelligence is the ability to
communicate complex thoughts through huge distances.
Of course Whales might have us beat ages ago.