[LMB] Subject Jumps was Re: Leaking

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Fri Jan 7 10:50:56 GMT 2022

> On Jan 7, 2022, at 5:05 AM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 13:40:39 +0000, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>
> wrote:
>
>> One of the things that bugs Gayle about me is that occasionally I will jump from one subject to another that has no or little connection to what has gone before. It's a little like Miles leaking thoughts when his mind is racing. (No, I'm not claiming to be like Miles in any important way.)
>> As an example, I was reading an article about genetic testing that said that, while prenatal tests for Down's were fairly accurate, tests for other genetic problems could have up to 85% false positives. My mind immediately jumped to "The Yiddish Policemen's Union" and the test for Tay Sachs. The specific tests that were problematic were not mentioned in the article.
>> Does anyone else's mind jump around like that?
>
> My wife does this - changes subjects abruptly in the middle of
> conversations.  Sometimes I have to say: "Back up, I fell off at the
> last corner.”

Like Miles I frequently get accused of that. The alleged switch makes perfect sense to me, as the switch above from diseases
in general to tests for Tay Sachs seems a logical continuation.

I am no suffering servant type like Miles or Cazaril. Penric is not although he is a servant of the dratsaB which gets him
into dangerous and messy situations most of the time he lives a normal life.

Master Surakos Bosha was the beloved servant of Lady Tanar Xarre, as an albino and forcibly castrated
by his family certainly qualifies as a suffering servant type.

—
It’s better to be approximately correct than completely wrong.