[LMB] OT: Temperature

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 11:02:29 GMT 2022

On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 14:51:21 -0000, "Martin Smith "
<smith.martin.music at gmail.com> wrote:

>Feels very weird to know that I grew up with Fahrenheit and my kids didn't. All Celsius over here, until the current government changes it back in its constant lunatic mania for gestures rather than substance.
>
>Incidentally, I haven't dropped below freezing point in the South of England yet.

Fahrenheit does make a *certain* amount of sense:

                 0           100
Fahrenheit   | too cold  |  too hot |
Centigrade   |  cold     |  dead    |
Kelvin       |  dead     |  dead    |

--
"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of
scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."