[LMB] OT: Temperature

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 11:07:29 GMT 2022

On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 14:34:30 -0800, "A. Marina Fournier via Lois-Bujold"
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

>That would be so wonderful, to know when it’s getting used.
>
>When I’ve donated multiple boxes of food at a local charitable organization, the first box is usually getting packed up to go before the last one’s unloaded. Immediate gratification!
>
>I’m just trying to avoid waste, and it helps others, so win-win.
>
>BTW, a silent listee suggests donating seasoning, because that comes so rarely.

Some of the "food banks" actually prefer cash, as they can then (bulk)
buy what's needed.  But that doesn't suit the publicity needs of the
supermarkets nearly so much.

--
"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of
scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."