[LMB] When World-Views Collide, books

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Fri Jan 7 12:13:00 GMT 2022

> On Jan 7, 2022, at 6:57 AM, Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've been thinking,  that the earliest form of communication between
> organisms of a single species has been pheromones.  And that, despite the
> fact we have evolved our ability to communicate verbally with each other.
> It's pheromones that affect or metabolism and eventually our behavior.
> Imagine 'Romeo and Juliet' without pheromones.
> Romeo:  "Hi I'm Romeo, "
> Juliet: "Juliet, "
> Romeo: "Our parents are douchbags,"
> Juliet:  "You got that right!"
> Romeo:  "well catch you later, Mercutio's taking me out to a boar fight!"
> Juliet:  "sure, whatever, "
> And doeth end “Romeo and Juliet" without  pheromones.

I sometimes wonder if people who believe in free will, ever when through puberty.

A simple chemical change and _everything_ changes in a preestablished pattern.

—
It is wrong, always, everywhere, and for everyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence.” —W. K. Clifford (1845–1879), “The Ethics” My take is belief should be proportional to the evidence.