[LMB] OT: Parallel parking

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 13:01:10 GMT 2022

On Sun, 2 Jan 2022 08:12:15 +0000, Matija Grabnar via Lois-Bujold
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

>I was wondering the same thing. I found this:
>
>Tips to Curb Your Wheels Safely and Legally
>
>  * Whether you park your vehicle facing uphill or downhill, the rule of
>    thumb is to turn your wheels so that the weight of the car will roll
>    them towards the curb. If you’re not sure which way your car is
>    sloped, set the car in neutral and see which way it rolls.
>  * If you’re faced downhill, turn your front wheels towards the curb.
>  * If you’re faced uphill, turn your front wheels away from the curb
>    and let your vehicle roll back until it gently touches the curb.
>  * If you park on a sloped driveway, turn your wheels so the vehicle
>    will not roll into the street and, again, make sure to set your
>    parking brake.

With a manual transmission vehicle ("stick", for you transpondians) it's
also good to leave it in gear, in case the handbrake fails.
--
The English are not very spiritual people, so they invented cricket
 to give them some idea of eternity.   - George Bernard Shaw