[LMB] Leaking

Karen A. Wyle kawyle at att.net
Fri Jan 7 15:36:54 GMT 2022

 My father, whose immediate family barely made it out of Berlin in 1938 (most of the extended family didn't escape), managed to get himself drafted (as a German national and thus an "enemy alien," he couldn't enlist) to fight the Nazis. Unlike Sylvia's grandpa, he did get to do so -- and then, after Germany surrendered, volunteered to head to the Pacific Theater. The subsequent Japanese surrender may well have saved his life and led to my existence.
Karen