[LMB] OT: Temperature

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Fri Jan 7 21:28:40 GMT 2022

On Jan 7, 2022, at 3:07 AM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 14:34:30 -0800, "A. Marina Fournier via Lois-Bujold"
> <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> That would be so wonderful, to know when it’s getting used.
>>
>> When I’ve donated multiple boxes of food at a local charitable organization, the first box is usually getting packed up to go before the last one’s unloaded. Immediate gratification!
>>
>> I’m just trying to avoid waste, and it helps others, so win-win.
>>
>> BTW, a silent listee suggests donating seasoning, because that comes so rarely.
>
> Some of the "food banks" actually prefer cash, as they can then (bulk)
> buy what's needed.  But that doesn't suit the publicity needs of the
> supermarkets nearly so much.

2nd Harvest prefers cash from individual donors, but will sometimes come to harvest & take tree fruit.

I believe the other listee donates at a smaller agency: certainly the one I donate to is smaller, and food isn’t the only thing they take. They have a literacy program, and other community services.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala