[LMB] Leaking

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Sat Jan 8 10:38:58 GMT 2022

On 07/01/2022 19:58, Matthew George wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 3:56 AM Matija Grabnar via Lois-Bujold <
>
>> And no, "eugenics" is not the more general term.
>>
> Wrong.

My proof was the article on eugenics I linked from Encyclopedia
Britannica, your proof is (checks notes) "Wrong.".

Wow, that sure showed me.

>> I refer you to https://www.britannica.com/science/eugenics-genetics
>> which makes it pretty clear that eugenics, from it's very start, was not
>> about personal choice, but about influencing other people, either
>> through persuasion to select better mates ("good eugenics")
>
> ...and thus personal choice.

Is your reading comprehension naturally that bad, or are you
deliberately obtuse?

Influencing the personal choice of other people is not the same thing as
as making a personal choice for yourself.

For a parallel, attempting suicide may or may not be a crime (but it is
that person's choice), but talk someone else into committing suicide,
and you can be prosecuted for manslaughter or worse.

> I wish I could say that I was disappointed.  But, you're a Grabnar.
Aaand there's  the body of your proof. An ad-hominem. Because that's the
best you can do.