[LMB] When World-Views Collide, books

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 8 14:18:02 GMT 2022

From: catherine muir <c_muir68 at hotmail.com>

This relates to an argument I had some time ago at college.
What is a ?word??  - I would argue that a great cook will think in tastes, mentally putting ingredients together.   In the same way, a perfumier may think in scent; a musician will undoubtedly think in musical sounds, phrases, even in the particular sound of an instrument (I certainly do!)  An artist may, for all I know, think in colour, or line, or shape, or texture.

Gwynne: I think in words. But I also think in pictures; images of people,
places, pets, etc - without the words attached. And sometimes in images,
but more like a 3D movie. It's very confusing in there, sometimes.
On the bright side, it's never dull, there's always something happening.