[LMB] Leaking

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 8 14:28:54 GMT 2022

From: Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>

> Murder Not is a good translation.

It?s the meaning that the powerful prefer.

Gwynne: It also refers to the state of the soul. There's a big
difference between killing and murder. To decide to commit
murder is a terrible stain on the soul. The Bible, after all, is
concerned to a pretty high degree with the care and
maintenance of souls - so it can draw a distinction between
two similar acts that are done for very different reasons,
because the reasons matter.
Yes, there's plenty of what-ifs, and we all have our own lines.
But it is an important distinction. That doesn't mean that it's
always used properly.