[LMB] When World-Views Collide, books

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Sat Jan 8 15:37:36 GMT 2022

During the McMartin panic Gayle was teaching preschool. (She taught for 25 years before she retired.) I was worried because through leading questions a dishonest person could make a child say or even believe almost anything.
Consider the following sequence:

  1.   The child has an accident with a bowel movement.
  2.  The teacher or assistant helps the child clean up.
  3.  The teacher comforts the child and takes them back to class.

Now look at the questions:

  1.   Did the teacher ever touch you there? Yes.
  2.  What happened afterwards?  She hugged me and told me not to be sad.

Gayle's school always had two people present in those circumstances but I'm not sure how much that would have helped. As the saying goes, "A prosecutor can indite a ham sandwich."

William A Wenrich

  *   A sinner dependent on God’s grace.