[LMB] Colors

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 8 17:11:05 GMT 2022

From: WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>

Emma is playing her first game in the YMCA volleyball league today and Brian sent me a picture. We couldn't attend because of restrictions. Her team colors are black and white.
That got me thinking about team colors in professional sports and if there's a link to the district colors on Barrayar. Perhaps it has come full circle from colors on the battlefield to team colors and then back to the battlefield.
The only NBA team to use brown is the Celtics.
William A Wenrich

Gwynne: Good luck to Emma with her first game.
And I agree about the team colours on Barrayar; I'm sure there's some
interdistict competitions, and each District wears their colours. (There's
a mention somewhere in the books, I think, about how Miles and Ivan
had Disctrict colour flags or small banners in their rooms as kids, I assumed
it was from sports teams.)

But sixty teams? They'd need to have sector competitions; maybe East
and West, or North and South, with a grand final between the winners
of each separate competition.