[LMB] When World-Views Collide, books

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 03:58:25 GMT 2022

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 9:42 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Gwynne: Totally irrelevant side note: One of my pet hates (and a source
> of a lot of private hilarity at times) is the way people use 'Romeo and
> Juliet' to refer to a romance between two people, or characters. I
> seriously
> wonder how many people know how the play ends.
> -- .

How it ENDS?  How about, how it STARTS?
With Romeo sighing and pining over the Fair Rosaline.

And then he sees Juliet and throws over Rosaline before he even talks to
Juliet.
I bet if the parents hadn't stood in the way, R&J would have lasted two
weeks. A month, tops.  And then Romeo would be sighing and pining over some
other fair maiden.

Sylvia