[LMB] Colors

Carol Botteron cjbotteron at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:28:36 GMT 2022

Micki: ... Vor colors would be at the whimsy of the original count who
chose the colors, I would suppose.

Carol:  Do we know how the counts originally got their specific colors?
The High Vor have reasonable combinations, but IIRC some others have awful
ones (doesn't someone have chartreuse and red)?  Likely the higher ranking
ones got to choose first, and maybe after some point they drew numbers.

In my experience with Middle Eastern dance, members of a group may have
quite different body shapes.  Dressing them alike emphasizes this, and can
distract from the unity of their movements.  I prefer to dress the dancers
in similar colors (everyone wear some blue and some purple) but allow
variety in styles of sleeves etc.