[LMB] OT: Phishing

Harvey Fishman fishman at panix.com
Mon Jan 10 18:19:16 GMT 2022

------ Original Message ------
From: "WILLIAM A WENRICH" <wawenri at msn.com>
To: "Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold."
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Bcc: fishman at panix.com
Sent: 1/10/2022 7:54:23 AM
Subject: Re: [LMB] OT: Phishing

>I use a slightly different wording, if contacted by a business, organization, or other group, don’t reply or use any embedded link. contact them through your normal methods (i.e. phone) to verify.
>
>William A Wenrich
>
>   *   A sinner dependent on God’s grace.
I use a different sort of winnowing garbage messages.  fishman at panix.com
is a shell account which presents all messages as text only. But this
includes the full headers so that I can trace the real provenance of
each message and can ignore all that do not actually come from whom they
claim. I then forward my remaining mail to my IP provider (FIOS) where I
can use eMail Client to actually read them. It seems to work pretty well
for me.

Harvey