[LMB] OT: Borrowing

Margaret Dean margdean56 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 22:26:29 GMT 2022

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 11:55 AM WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:

> I am of two minds about a problem that I've had recently. Almost every
> time my granddaughters visit my house, that is at least 5 days a week, I'm
> constantly looking for equipment like headphones or cables the have been
> "borrowed" and left somewhere around the house. The latest incident was
> when Hazel borrowed my wireless mouse to do artwork on her tablet. Then she
> lost it somewhere in the house. After more than a week of searching, I
> still can't find it. I still have the US wireless connector but the mouse
> itself has disappeared.
> I don't know whether to be happy that she set it up herself and was using
> it for a homework assignment or upset because she operated on the "better
> to ask forgiveness than permission" principle.
> I don't want to be to tyrannical, but I'm out a mouse.

I don't think you'd be out of line setting a few ground rules for everybody
visiting the house, on the order of "Ask first" and "put it back where you
found it after you're through with it." If you tell everyone the rules
beforehand and they apply to all visitors of whatever age, it won't look
like you're pointing fingers at particular people.

--Margaret Dean
  <margdean56 at gmail.com>