[LMB] OT: Phishing

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 09:55:39 GMT 2022

From: Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com>

I recently reactivated my landline and so far 99% of the calls are either
telemarketing or robocalls which I ignore. I also don't answer questions so
if ask if I'm me, I'll say, "I'm sorry I'm not interested." Then hang up.

Gwynne: The only reason I have a landline is that it comes free with my
internet package. I never answer it; most of the time - if it's anyone who
really wants me they'd leave a message. All the scammers hang up as soon
as the message kicks in. Everyone who matters has my mobile number,
anyway. (cellphone)   My main use for the landline is to call my mobile
when I can't find it, so that I can follow the ringtone to wherever I left the
darn thing.