[LMB] OT: Temperature

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 20:04:30 GMT 2022

On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 07:13:32 -0700, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
wrote:

>> On Jan 7, 2022, at 4:02 AM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Fahrenheit does make a *certain* amount of sense:
>>

>>                 0           100
>> -------------+-----------+----------+
>> Fahrenheit   | too cold  |  too hot |
>> -------------+-----------+----------+
>> Centigrade   |  cold     |  dead    |
>> -------------+-----------+----------+
>> Kelvin       |  dead     |  dead    |
>
>Only if there’s something special about the number 100.

We like round numbers.  And a 0-100 scale is used in many scenarios.

It was, of course, a jokey observation, and we're in danger of
dissecting the frog.

>(I think there is something special about that number when I play golf, but would change my goal if I got halfway good).

I'm with Twain on the subject of golf.
--
You wouldn't like me when I'm angry....
... because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources.