[LMB] Colors

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Wed Jan 12 08:49:35 GMT 2022

Ah ...  in the Yugoslav military, when you sent X pieces of Y size
underwear to the wash, you immediately got back X pieces of
approximately size Y.

You marked shirts and pants with your name, and you would mostly get
them back from the wash, but not your underwear.

If you had wanted to have your own pair of underwear, you would have had
to wash it yourself. I don't know of anybody who did that. Not only we
didn't have time to do it, but the only hot water to be had was in the
showers, and that was for showers, one company at a time.

No, the per-company washrooms did not have hot water. No, not even for
shaving. Most of us learned to shave with cold water, so we didn't know
what we were missing. No mirrors, either. If you wanted to shave with a
mirror, you had to bring your own. I can still shave without a mirror.

This modern military, tsssk. I wonder if they even shine their own
boots. :-)