[LMB] Rom and Jules, was When World-Views Collide, books

Karen A. Wyle kawyle at att.net
Wed Jan 12 14:39:20 GMT 2022

 I love that idea!
Karen A. Wyle

    On Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 06:53:00 AM EST, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

Gwynne: The audience at the time would know about the pressure for a wife
of a rich man to have sons, so they'd probably see more in the speeches, and
in the situation. No matter how we try, we miss some of that extra cultural
and social knowledge that adds other perspectives.

I saw an interesting 'Measure for Measure' years ago (a most neglected gem,
in my opinion, and it'd be a wonderful play for our times) that had three
screens at the back of the stage. As the players spoke, the screens would show
images that were some of the knowledge the characters would be bringing to
the situation; when they talked about executions, the screens would show
images of someone being prepared for a hanging. It did give more understanding
of the characters (of course, you had to process a lot of input at the same time.)